‘Prince Philip’ is set to start tests on his heart at the Aberdeen Royal Infirmary as doctors do fear for his health.The Duke of Edinburgh is at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Scotland where he had been taken on Wednesday August 15, 2012 just as a ”precautionary measure” following a recurrence of a bladder infection.
For this the medics are doing many tests to insure that he is able to recover. A royal aide told the Daily Star newspaper:
”He was given top-to-toe tests including heart checks because they were concerned.
”They were worried about his ticker and wanted to be sure. That’s why they are taking their time to give him a thorough examination in hospital so they can deal with any problems.”
The ninety one year old is has been said by doctors he needs to rest and have no visitors until he recovers. Doctors also have said that at this time his treatment is going well and he has been in contact with his love ones by phone.
He has taken ill a few times in the past months now include in June when he had been on antibiotics and made good progress before being released six days later. Then in December he went through a heart operation to unblock a coronary artery and inserted a stent to ease the problem.