Here is a first look at NBC’s Fashion Star which will air March 13 at 9.30/8.30, and here is the list of the aspiring designers & mentors of the show. Competing will be fourteen designers which will compete to become America’s next big Fashion Star.
They will also get a chance to win a multi-million dollar prize which will be launching their collections of America’s largest retailers: Macy’s, H&M and Saks Fifth Avenue.
The new series, hosted and executive-produced by Elle Macpherson, and featuring celebrity mentors Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie and John Varvatos.
The 14 designers include:
- Barbara Bates, 55 from Chicago, she’s been working in the fashion industry for over 25 years.
- Edmond Newton, 32 from Atlanta, he was a professional male model at the age of 17.
- Kara Laricks, 38 from NY, she’s former grade school teacher, turned fashion designer.
- Lisa Vian Hunter, 47 from Mercer Island, Wash, mother of two and lover of all things vintage.
- Lizzie Parker, 41 from Seattle, she left her corporate job and designs clothing sizes 0-16.
- Luciana Scarabello, 30 from Miami, she studied at Parsons School of Design.
- Nicholas Bowes, 38 from LA, he was a model, now designs vintage tees and leather jackets.
- Nikki Poulos, 43 from Delray Beach, Fla., she sells clothes online & in stores around the world.
- Nzimiro Oputa, 28 from NY, he quit his job as an engineer to pursue his a career in fashion.
- Orly Shani, 26 from NY, she specializes in convertible fashion wants to build an empire.
- Oscar Fierro, 37 from Lewisville, Texas, designed clothing lines including couture dresses.
- Ronnie Escalante, 32 from San Fran, he wants to keep his collection affordable for consumers.
- Ross Bennett, 27 from Texas, he studied with some of prestigious presidential tailors.
- Sarah Parrott, 31 from Marietta, Ga., collection won an award at the Charleston fashion week.